The Emulso Corporation was founded in 1912 by John W. Glenn, an “oil wildcatter” from Pennsylvania who opened a small oil refinery in Lima, Ohio. One of the specialty products of this refinery was, Liquid Sunshine, a true emulsion, which as of today is still manufactured for use as a cleaner/polish.
By 1922, Emulso Liquid Sunshine had become so successful that all other specialties were discontinued. A new product was then developed to complement the Liquid Sunshine polish – it was a liquid all purpose cleaner and became known as “Glenzene Dirt Chaser” – today we simply know it as “Glenzene”. To be best of our knowledge it was the first liquid commercial cleaner sold to homes and businesses.
In 1927, Emulso moved to Buffalo, New York and under the direction of Robert W. Glenn and John K Glenn, sons of the founder, expanded the product line to include not only the first two products, Liquid Sunshine & Glenzene, but a full line of cleaners & degreasers, polishes & waxes and dishwashing & laundry products.
In 1992, Sturgeon Glenn, grandson of the founder, began developing products for the paving maintenance industry including an innovative product called “Glenzoil 20 Plus”. This biodegradable, non-toxic liquid prevents tracking and picking of freshly applied hot-melt sealants. Emulso paving products are sold by dealers & distributors throughout the United States and Canada.
Today, at our present location in Tonawanda, New York, our product line has grown to over 90 manufactured items. Many of our products are biodegradable, environmentally friendly and cruelty free. Our products are USDA authorized, EPA registered, Green Seal certified and DOT approved. Emulso products are used in a number of business segments including automotive, commercial cooking, healthcare, industrial, janitorial/sanitation and asphalt paving.